after a hard day on the locks!
Yes, Cap't Dai scratched it on first holiday !
Hard work this guarding the boat !
So, we had our first holiday on Jandai over the Easter Week - 10 days! Fantastic! Is it Retirement Day yet??
Set out Thurs April 9 after work and arrived back Sunday April 19. Travelled from Trent Lock (Long Eaton, Nottm) up T & M to Caldon Canal, to Leek Arm where it crosses over the Uttoxeter Arm and then back with a slight detour to Harecastle Tunnel to wind and moor that night by West Port Lake on outskirts of Stoke-on-Trent.
Total of 145 miles; 104 locks; 6 lift bridges
Impressions and thoughts:
- want to retire and continuously cruise NOW !
- Jandai is a fab narrowboat - built and fitted to excellent standard
- only bit of journey didn't particularly like was through Stoke-on-Trent
- Dai loves his bow thruster
- can't get good telly reception everywhere
- lots of good beer on route
- had a great evening when some of Dai's family joined us
- Fradley is a nightmare
- will do rest of Caldon Canal sometime - beautiful canal once in the countryside
- Janice needs a step ladder to get into bed !
- Foxxie needs an extra step to get up stern steps !
- don't bother with a flat hose - had to abandon, need to get a proper one!
- sawing wood gives you a good appetite and thirst for beer !