Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Nantwich

Someone asked me the other day “what wouldn’t you be without on the boat?” which got me thinking and my list would be (in no particular order).   I'll get Dai to tell us his list next week!



  • Ipod
  • Dry shampoo (after extensive research Amy recommended Batisse which is brilliant for when hair needs washing but daren’t risk emptying the water tank)
  • Laptop with Three dongle
  • Needles for sewing and knitting
  • Hooks for cro-shitting
  • Woolly furry hat
  • Table
  • Shopping trolley



Not having to put lights on now until about 1630 so days are getting longer!!    In fact, this morning I was woken up by birds singing.    Soon be lambs bleating, ducklings a-quacking and snowdrops appearing ------ ok, ok, I know, there’s still plenty of time for snow, frosts and icing-in.     (I’m trying to cheer myself up as I hate January and February.)


We are now in Nantwich which is a very interesting town actually.    There is a lot of architecture and old buildings to look at as you wander around.   The other night we had a pint in two of the pubs - both different with good real ale.  I was looking at a couple of websites on Nantwich generally and found this item quite interesting about nantwich aqueduct


Since last blog we have done … 4 miles and  2 locks
Total since Setting Off ….. 1555 miles and  1238 locks  

1 comment:

  1. Do you try and catch the crow's Shitting with hooks? is this a keep clean thing?

    Alan

    ReplyDelete

 

avandia